Welcome to John Lee's Website
After 25 years of touring nationally and internationally, best-selling author John Lee is now back in Austin, Texas where he began his groundbreaking private practice and in 1986 founded The Austin Men's Center which is still open today.
Now you can schedule an in-person session with John with a minimum of two hours requested to take advantage of his 30 years of clinical experience and training. He also offers one and two day intensive sessions in Austin, TX and Mentone, AL as well as hourly sessions by phone and webcam.
John is a pioneer in the fields of self-help, anger, co-dependency, creativity, recovery, relationships and men's issues. In the mental health field he is considered the therapist's therapist and regularly trains and mentors therapists on how to work with clients and how to work on themselves. He has taught his techniques and theories to thousands of individuals, couples, families, groups, corporations and therapists all over the world.
A 100% FREE, no-obligation phone consultation is available for anyone who is interested in doing private work with John.
You can chat with John by phone for 15 minutes to see if you two are a good fit for working together in therapy/coaching, or if a one or two-day intensive is right for you. You will not be charged or asked to provide your credit card information. The call is FREE and completely confidential.
John Lee's Upcoming Events and Appearances
“...John takes very sophisticated material that is very important to understand and makes it wonderfully simple!”
Therapist, best-selling author and America’s leading personal growth expert
Monday, August 18, 2014 — 46th Annual Southwestern School for Behavioral Health Studies at Loews Ventana Canyon, Tucson, AZ
Saturday, September 6, 2014 — 5th Western Conference on Behavioral Health and Addictive Disorders, San Francisco, CA
Saturday, October 11, 2014 — Brain Matters: Mindfulness, Trauma and Process Addictions, Ben Franklin Institute Conference, Atlanta, GA
Saturday, November 1, 2014 — Freud Meets Buddha: Trauma, Mindfulness and Mid Life Transitions, Ben Franklin Institute Conference, Scottsdale, AZ
He has taught his techniques and theories to thousands of individuals, couples, families, groups, corporations and therapist's internationally, concentrating on the following subjects:
- Emotional Intelligence
(suggested reading: Emotional Intelligence for Couples)
- Passivity (suggested reading: The Half-Lived Life)
- Emotional Regression
(suggested reading: Growing Yourself Back Up)
- Relationships (suggested reading: The Flying Boy)
- Recovery (suggested reading: The Missing Peace)
- Anger (suggested reading: The Anger Solution)
Would you like to hire John to consult and coach you privately?
Private therapy sessions/consultations are available for individuals, couples & families.
- In Person Consultations in Austin, TX NEW!
- The Psychology of Writing: A Master Class NEW!
- Phone Consultations
- Webcam Consultations
- 1-3 Day Mini Intensives for Individuals, Couples & Small Families
Anger Management/Anger Issues
“Facing the Fire is the best book on anger I have read; it is responsible, honest, practical and a good read. I know the techniques Lee describes work, and the exercises alone make it a valuable book. I will use Facing the Fire personally and professionally.”
Dr. Pat Love, bestselling author of many relationship books
Do you or someone you know have an anger problem?
- Lee has 25 years of experience as a leader of anger management and new solutions for anger issues
- 3 books on 1 audio CD set on anger by John Lee:
- Lee has 25 years in 12-step programs
- Consulted trained at lectured at The Betty Ford Clinic, South Pacific Private Hospital (Sydney, Australia), Guy's Hospital (London, UK), Hanley Center (West Palm Beach, FL) and other prestigious facilities.
- 3 books by John Lee on recovery:
- 5 books on the subject
- Provided workshops and seminars on men's issues
- Founded the Austin Men's Center in 1987
- Considered a pioneer in masculine psychology
- Taught with Robert Bly and other leaders
- Ran men's groups with colleague, Dan Jones
Training for Therapists and other Mental Health Providers
25 years ago, John Lee (along with Dan Jones) co-founded PEER, a body-centered emotional release work training.